Tenets of Faith
• The Holy Bible is the fully inspired Word of God. It is the only infallible, sufficient, and authoritative rule of faith and practice.
• There is one God, the personal creator of the universe, who exists eternally in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
• Man (Adam) who was divinely created in the image of God, willfully disobeyed God and as a result incurred both physical and spiritual death. Through this, all mankind is born with a sinful nature and is subject to the same penalty.
• The Lord Jesus Christ, who is completely divine from all eternity and completely human from His virgin birth, lived a sinless life, submitted to death as a substitutionary sacrifice for the sins of mankind, and was raised again on the third day. He is the only Savior of mankind.
• Salvation for mankind comes only by grace through faith in Jesus Christ as both Lord and Savior, accompanied by godly repentance.
• Jesus Christ will personally, visibly, and triumphantly return. At His return, all mankind will be resurrected bodily, the just to eternal life with God and the unjust to everlasting punishment in hell.
• The Baptism of the Holy Spirit is available to all believers as a distinct experience, given to endue the believer with power from God, to offer an inspired witness for Christ, to lead the believer in a life of holiness, and to equip for a Spirit-filled life of service.
• The Church as the Body of Christ, being seen visibly in distinct local fellowships, is God’s chosen instrument to manifest the knowledge of His glory throughout the earth.
• Jesus Christ upon ascending to the Father commissioned all believers to take the Gospel to the ends of the earth. It is both the duty and privilege of believers to proclaim the Gospel, make disciples, and build the Church with people from all the nations.
Heartland Community Church, established July 9, 1995, is a praying church. It is a non-denominational organization founded on the model given in scripture of a New Testament Church. Led by Pastor Kris Palmer, the church offers Bible study classes and various programs to people across Northeastern Missouri.
In light of these beliefs and the example provided by Jesus Christ, Heartland Community Church desires to go beyond Sunday morning services and affect the lives of everyone the Lord has placed within its reach. The Church’s burden is to touch the souls of those within its community, both Christians, and non-Christians, and to become a welcoming, safe place for all who are hurting.
Our vision is a sustainable, Christ-centered, intentional community of hope built around a vibrant local church, cultivating individual, family, community, and global transformation through the power of the Gospel.
Our mission is to evangelize, encourage, educate, equip, and then activate mature disciples who have been called by God, redeemed by Jesus, and transformed by the Holy Spirit through a sustainable Christ-centered intentional community built around the local church.
Dorothy Sharpe-Moore Building6417 Shelby 150, Suite A, Bethel, MO 63434
Phone: (660) 284-6212
Fax: (660) 284-6320
The Church meets at 101 Nations Boulevard (in the school auditorium). The main entrance is located on the west side of the building nearest the three flag poles. Parking is available on the north side of the building, with another entrance and gravel parking lot on the east side of the building.
Weekly Church Activities
Daily Prayer Gatherings
Church auditorium (4:00-6:00 AM)
Wednesday, 7:00 p.m.
Adult & Youth Bible Study
GPS Kids’ Groups & First Look Classes
Saturday, 7:00 p.m.
Intercessory Prayer in the Church Auditorium.
Sunday School – Adults and children up to 5 years old.
GPS Kids Church for children ages 5 to 12 meets in a separate service from 9-11:30am.
Nursery and Children’s Church available for ages up to 5
Nursery and Children’s Church available for ages up to 5 (the last Sunday night of each month all children remain in the service except those 2 and under)
The Heartland Community Church Video Department produces a weekly television program called Straight from the Heart. In addition to the TV program, the church has a live video stream available for events such as our annual Missions Conference. On the church video website, you can view live video, recorded services, and past episodes of Straight from the Heart. To learn more, visit hland.tv.